Participants of all skill levels will improve their proficiency in writing, editing and evaluating reports, memos and proposals. Learning the principals of clear writing and applying these principles to the work situation will be emphasized.
- Survey of the common problems of government writing
- Making words work for you and not against you
- Writing for the layman to understand
- Importance of careful writing
- Principles of readability
- Conciseness and preciseness
- Case studies in EFFECTIVE and INEFFECTIVE writing
- Using typography and graphic design effectively
- Organizing reports
- Common problems of grammar and usage that can cause misunderstanding
- Mechanical hints for making reports more readable
Course Fee: $150.00
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received more than ten (10) business days prior to the start of the class will not be charged. If payment has already been made, it will be refunded. Cancellations received ten (10) or less business days before the start of the class will be charged at full price. This late cancellation charge compensates RTC for the non-refundable costs incurred prior to the start date of the course.
No Shows: A No Show on the day of the class will result in a full charge for the class.