There is no other crime that accounts for a higher dollar loss to victims than real estate crime. It has far reaching impact to individual victims as well as business and the national economy as a whole. This type of crime comes in many forms and as suspects devise more creative ways to accomplish this crime, law enforcement must remain a step ahead by enlisting proactive and preventative methods to circumvent these crimes.
This POST training course will provide law enforcement investigators the tools needed to respond to these concerns. Financial crime investigators, regardless of level of experience, are encouraged to participate in this very timely and interactive training course.
- Principles of Real Estate Transactions
- Uses of Search Warrants in Investigation
- Selection of Real Estate Laws
- Evidence Collection Processes
- Issues Related to Victim Support
- Filing Concerns of a Real Estate Case
- Comparing and Explaining Methods of Committing Real Estate Crimes
- Interviewing Techniques for Victims, and Suspects of Real Estate Crime
- Creating Investigative Strategies for Investigating Real Estate Crimes
- Procedures for Training Patrol Officers and for Public Education
- Investigative Resources
While this is not a search warrant writing class, it is recognized that writing a proper search warrant in relation to investigations is essential to your job. With that in mind, the following has been established as a minimum baseline for students attending this course:
- Have taken the 2-week ICI Core Course
- POST online Search Warrant Fundamentals course to demonstrate knowledge of search warrant writing. Click here to be taken to the POST Learning Portal. Completion of this course does give 3 hours of CPT credit.
Course Certification Number: 9070-21724
Course Certification Hours: 32
ICI Real Estate Fraud Investigations Flyer
Course Fee Information:
Reimbursement Plan IV: There is no tuition for POST reimbursable agencies. Student travel and per diem reimbursement will be via Training Reimbursement Request (TRR) for POST reimbursable agencies only.
Non-Reimbursable agencies: Tuition is $655.44 for courses held in San Diego, and $677.52 for all other class locations. There is no reimbursement for travel and per diem.
Please note: Tuition price change as of September 1, 2015
3/14/16 – San Diego, CA
March 14, 2016 - March 17, 2016
8:00 am - 5:00 pm